ST MARGARET’S CHURCH OF ENGLAND
OUR VISION STATEMENT
“Encourage one another and build each other up”
1 Thessalonians 5:11
At St Margaret’s Church of England School our vision is to provide a happy, safe and positive environment where all children feel valued and are encouraged to embrace the love of learning, knowing that they can make a make a difference in their community and the wider world.
Through our Christian ethos and the teachings of Jesus we will endeavour to develop thoughtful, confident and resilient children, underpinned by humility, who will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to succeed in life and make a difference.
Together we build success through faith knowledge and understanding
For nothing will be impossible with God -Luke 1:37
We are a welcoming, ambitious Christian school where all faiths and cultures are respected and where everyone is a precious gift of God, created in God’s image.
We believe that there are 6 Core Values which shape the life of our Church of England School.
We aim to encourage and develop in our children:
- An understanding of the Christian faith based on the teachings of Jesus.
- Alert and agile minds, a sense of curiosity and an enjoyment and passion for learning and discovering new things.
- Confidence and determination to always give their best in order to achieve their full potential in all aspects of school life.
- Knowledge, skills and understanding to allow them to cope with change in their present and future lives.
- An understanding, appreciation and care for their own physical well-being and that of others.
We aim to:
- Meet the needs and interests of all learners.
- Fulfill each child’s potential in the development of skills, attitudes and knowledge.
- Develop each child’s ICT skills so they are able to use and apply these skills across the curriculum and in the wider world.
- Set and expect high standards of work and behaviour from all children
- Value the ‘whole child’ and celebrate achievement both in and out of school.
- Provide a rich and varied curriculum, which challenges and stimulates learning.
- Promote an awareness, understanding and respect for the differences between individuals and their cultures and religions.
- Help our children to develop a caring attitude towards others and to be responsible for their own actions.
- Enrich our curriculum through involving parents and the wider community in the life of our school.
- Work closely with our church to develop an understanding of Christianity.
- Develop a partnership with parents encouraging them to share in the education process at school and home.
Our aim with your support, is to develop
BY EXPERIENCING AN
EXCELLENT……………environment and curriculum.
OUR CHILDREN will have
Roots to grow….
……..and wings to fly
OUR GLOBAL COMMUNITY
At St Margaret’s CE VA Primary School we recognise that God’s family is more than just our own local community but stretches throughout the world.
We appointed a church worker who has experiences of visiting and leading projects linked to many of the poorer areas of our world who has encouraged us to look outwards beyond our community. This has opened our eyes to recognise that we can make a difference whatever our age.
Even with the smallest acts of kindness we can bring about change to other lives and situations.
The Bible teaches in the story of the Good Samaritan, in Luke Chapter 10, how he showed love, care and compassion for a stranger.
In verse 37 Jesus tells us “You go, then and do the same.!
We encourage our children to see there is joy in helping others.
In our school we call that being MAD – Making A Difference.
Global Neighbours Award Report 2020 (310.6 KiB, )