OUR VISION STATEMENT
“Encourage one another and build each other up”
1 Thessalonians 5:11
At St Margaret’s Church of England School our vision is to provide a happy, safe and positive environment where all children feel valued and are encouraged to embrace the love of learning, knowing that they can make a make a difference in their community and the wider world.
Through our Christian ethos and the teachings of Jesus we will endeavour to develop thoughtful, confident and resilient children, underpinned by humility, who will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to succeed in life and make a difference.
Together we build success through faith knowledge and understanding
For nothing will be impossible with God -Luke 1:37
We are a welcoming, ambitious Christian school where all faiths and cultures are respected and where everyone is a precious gift of God, created in God’s image.
We believe that there are 6 Core Values which shape the life of our Church of England School.
OUR STRATEGIC VISION
- To provide a happy, safe and positive environment where all children feel valued and are encouraged to embrace the love of learning, knowing that they can make a make a difference in their community and the wider world.
- Ensure St Margaret’s is a rewarding and supportive place to work where everyone is valued and where we are all encouragers.
- Through our Christian ethos and the teachings of Jesus we will endeavour to develop thoughtful, confident and resilient children, underpinned by humility, who will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to succeed in life and make a difference.
- Provide all children with excellent teaching across all the curriculum subjects so that every child is excited about learning and makes excellent progress.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum so that our pupils have the opportunity to develop expert skills and knowledge in all areas of learning. We are developing Geographers, Historians, Artists, Mathematicians, Scientists etc. for the future.
- To promote high standards of behaviour, which reinforce mutual respect and understanding of what it is to be a citizen of the school, the local, national and world community,
- Provide a well organised, stimulating and secure learning environment in which children’s skills and knowledge are enhanced and challenged and where best efforts are celebrated.
- To prepare our children for the next stage in their learning- Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2 and Secondary.
- Encourage our children to develop morally as well as spiritually to question, debate and seek clarification whilst having the confidence to retain their individuality.
Our aim with your support, is to develop
BY EXPERIENCING AN
EXCELLENT……………environment and curriculum.
OUR CHILDREN will have
Roots to grow….
……..and wings to fly
OUR GLOBAL COMMUNITY
At St Margaret’s CE VA Primary School we recognise that God’s family is more than just our own local community but stretches throughout the world.
Our church worker, who has experiences of visiting and leading projects linked to many of the poorer areas of our world, has encouraged us to look outwards beyond our community. This has opened our eyes to recognise that we can make a difference whatever our age.
Even with the smallest acts of kindness we can bring about change to other lives and situations.
The Bible teaches in the story of the Good Samaritan, in Luke Chapter 10, how he showed love, care and compassion for a stranger.
In verse 37 Jesus tells us “You go, then and do the same.”
We encourage our children to see there is joy in helping others.
In our school we call that being MAD – Making A Difference.
Global Neighbours Award Report 2020 (310.6 KiB, )