Learn to love, love to learn, strive to serve……so that we can fulfil our potential and make a real difference in the world.
We believe love comes first. It is the foundation of who we are and all we do.We teach children to love first; ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ Mark 12:31 and to show love in their words and in their deeds, treating everyone with dignity and respect.
We value and celebrate the uniqueness of each individual made in the image of God, and challenge social injustice as advocates for those without a voice. We show children how to forgive and how to reconcile.‘Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ, God forgave you.’ Ephesians 4:32
We aim to inspire children to learn with joy, curiosity and enthusiasm, and to aspire for excellence in all they do.We develop children’s wisdom, knowledge and skills – inspiring a love of learning that goes beyond knowing facts and being able to carry out tasks, to developing independence and resourcefulness so that children know what to do when they don’t know what to do. We develop character values that take children beyond the school gates into an uncertain future and help them to make good and wise choices when faced with tough situations and decisions. We promote the value of community and living well together, recognising the interconnectedness of all life and the importance of belonging, relationships and looking after all God’s children. ‘Wise people are always learning, always listening for fresh insights.’ Proverbs 18:15
We want all at the school to become inspiring change-makers who use their learning to serve others and make a positive difference in the world.
We aim to instill in children a sense of hope and aspiration for a healthy and happy future. We help them to develop the resilience to cope when things and people go wrong; and the ability to repent, forgive and reconcile, showing compassion, grace and generosity.We aim for children to develop virtues of good character such as wisdom, courage and compassion so that they become socially aware and responsible global citizens who aspire to serve others as courageous advocates, making a positive difference in the world. ‘Each of you should use whatever gifts you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.’ 1 Peter 4:10
All of this can ensure that all involved in our school community can enjoy ‘life in all it’s fullness’ John 10:10
At St Margaret’s Church of England School our vision is to provide a happy, safe and positive environment where all children feel valued and are encouraged to embrace the love of learning, knowing that they can make a make a difference in their community and the wider world.
Through our Christian ethos and the teachings of Jesus we will endeavour to develop thoughtful, confident and resilient children, underpinned by humility, who will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to succeed in life and make a difference.
Together we build success through faith knowledge and understanding
For nothing will be impossible with God -Luke 1:37
We are a welcoming, ambitious Christian school where all faiths and cultures are respected and where everyone is a precious gift of God, created in God’s image
OUR STRATEGIC VISION
- To provide a happy, safe and positive environment where all children feel valued and are encouraged to embrace the love of learning, knowing that they can make a make a difference in their community and the wider world.
- Ensure St Margaret’s is a rewarding and supportive place to work where everyone is valued and where we are all encouragers.
- Through our Christian ethos and the teachings of Jesus we will endeavour to develop thoughtful, confident and resilient children, underpinned by humility, who will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to succeed in life and make a difference.
- Provide all children with excellent teaching across all the curriculum subjects so that every child is excited about learning and makes excellent progress.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum so that our pupils have the opportunity to develop expert skills and knowledge in all areas of learning. We are developing Geographers, Historians, Artists, Mathematicians, Scientists etc. for the future.
- To promote high standards of behaviour, which reinforce mutual respect and understanding of what it is to be a citizen of the school, the local, national and world community,
- Provide a well organised, stimulating and secure learning environment in which children’s skills and knowledge are enhanced and challenged and where best efforts are celebrated.
- To prepare our children for the next stage in their learning- Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2 and Secondary.
- Encourage our children to develop morally as well as spiritually to question, debate and seek clarification whilst having the confidence to retain their individuality.
Our aim with your support, is to develop
BY EXPERIENCING AN
EXCELLENT……………environment and curriculum.
OUR CHILDREN will have
Roots to grow….
……..and wings to fly
OUR GLOBAL COMMUNITY
At St Margaret’s CE VA Primary School we recognise that God’s family is more than just our own local community but stretches throughout the world.
Our church worker, who has experiences of visiting and leading projects linked to many of the poorer areas of our world, has encouraged us to look outwards beyond our community. This has opened our eyes to recognise that we can make a difference whatever our age.
Even with the smallest acts of kindness we can bring about change to other lives and situations.
The Bible teaches in the story of the Good Samaritan, in Luke Chapter 10, how he showed love, care and compassion for a stranger.
In verse 37 Jesus tells us “You go, then and do the same.”
We encourage our children to see there is joy in helping others.
In our school we call that being MAD – Making A Difference.
Global Neighbours Award Report 2020 (310.6 KiB, )