OUR VISION STATEMENT
St Margaret’s CE Primary School is a happy, caring community of learners where there is a place for everyone in God’s family. Working together with Jesus besides us to achieve our full potential.
St Margaret’s seeks to promote a sense of self worth in everyone involved in our school community to promote the ideals of mutual respect and care for others. We nurture, motivate and challenge all our learners in a creative, enjoyable and safe environment. By understanding what our children already know we inspire learning by bringing an innovative approach to enrich the curriculum.
We aim to develop thoughtful, confident and responsible young people who appreciate the world in which we live and are equipped with the skills and knowledge to succeed in life.
We aim to encourage and develop in our children:
• An understanding of the Christian faith based on the teachings of Jesus.
• Alert and agile minds, a sense of curiosity and an enjoyment and passion for learning and discovering new things.
• Confidence and determination to always give their best in order to achieve their full potential in all aspects of school life.
• Knowledge, skills and understanding to allow them to cope with change in their present and future lives.
• An understanding, appreciation and care for their own physical well-being and that of others.
We aim to:
• Meet the needs and interests of all learners.
• Fulfil each child’s potential in the development of skills, attitudes and knowledge.
• Develop each child’s ICT skills so they are able to use and apply these skills across the curriculum and in the wider world.
• Set and expect high standards of work and behaviour from all children
• Value the ‘whole child’ and celebrate achievement both in and out of school.
• Provide a rich and varied curriculum, which challenges and stimulates learning.
• Promote an awareness, understanding and respect for the differences between individuals and their cultures and religions.
• Help our children to develop a caring attitude towards others and to be responsible for their own actions.
• Enrich our curriculum through involving parents and the wider community in the life of our school.
• Work closely with our church to develop an understanding of Christianity.
• Develop a partnership with parents encouraging them to share in the education process at school and home.
Our aim with your support, is to develop
BY EXPERIENCING AN
EXCELLENT……………environment and curriculum.
OUR CHILDREN will have
Roots to grow….
……..and wings to fly
REVISED JANUARY 2013