Handling E-safety complaints:
• Complaints of Internet misuse will be dealt with by a senior member of staff.
• Any complaint about staff misuse must be referred to the Head teacher.
• Complaints of a child protection nature must be dealt with in accordance with school child protection procedures. (Appendix 2 displays a flowchart of responses to an incident of concern.)
• Pupils and parents will be informed of the complaints procedure. (See schools complaints procedure.)
• Pupils and parents will be informed of consequences for pupils misusing the Internet.
• Discussions will be held with the West Midlands Police to establish procedures for handling potentially illegal issues. (West Midlands Police Non-emergencies and enquiries: Telephone: 0345 113 5000.)